In our humble opinion, we’re experts on relaxation! We know how to keep our chill and stay mindful-we even know how to do so luxuriously. Today’s edition of hacks from your resident serenity specialists: DIY bath tea!
Bath teas, a sure way to find a moment of calm while pampering your skin, are easy to make! With just a few common ingredients and some lush ones too, you’ll be soaking in floral bliss in no time.
- 1 cup whole dried oats
- 1/2 cup dried lavender buds
- 1/2 cup dried chamomile
- 1/2 cup dried rose petals
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup coarse Himalayan salt
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops German Chamomile essential oil
- 5 drops Rose essential oil
- Muslin cotton drawstring pouches, approximately 5 inches long by 4 inches wide
How to make bath tea:
- In a food processor or blender, grind oats for up to 30 seconds to make a fine powder.
- Combine oats, dried flowers, salt, and essential oils in a bowl. Mix well to thoroughly combine.
- Scoop mixture into pouches, filling a little more than halfway. This recipe yields 3-5 pouches.
- Store in a cool, dry place. These tea bags will hold their freshness for up to three months.
*YL tip: Can’t bring yourself to use 5 precious drops of Rose in this DIY? Try Geranium, Joy™, or any other floral favorite and soak in luxury!