Did you know that you can use essential oils to cook with, marinate, or enhance flavors in your daily diet?
For example, lime essential oil is amazing to use in a marinade for your tacos.
LIME TACO RECIPE
- Meat of choice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3–5 drops of Lime essential oil per pound of meat
Place the meat in a bag. Add salt and lime essential oil and enough water to cover meat. Marinate for up to 8 hours.
VARIATIONS AND OTHER IDEAS
- Take the above recipe, add some honey, and marinate chicken wings.
- Add 5–6 drops of Lime essential oil to your homemade guacamole.
- Add 3–5 drops to Greek yogurt and Granola to make an enticing parfait.
- Add 1–3 drops to salad dressing.• Add 1–3 drops to quinoa salad.
- Add 1–3 drops to your favorite Key Lime Pie recipe
- Add 5–7 drops to fruit dip or your fruit salad for bright citrusy flavor.
- When making cupcakes, add 6–8 drops of lime essential oil to the batter and 10 drops to the icing.
- Add 1–2 drops lime essential oil to your homemade berry-flavored popsicles.
*Tip: A little goes a long way with essential oils.